Are you looking for experience that will help you develop your career in online and social media communications?
YouthNet is an exclusively online charity that supports 16 to 25 year-olds in all aspects of their lives and we’re looking for people like you to join us in spreading the word about the things that are important to young people and about what we do. This role is perfect if you’re 16-25 yourself, looking for the opportunity to get some solid work experience in online communications and build your social footprint.
What does it involve?
As a ‘YouthNet Voice’, you will play an active role in helping build YouthNet’s profile using a variety of different digital PR and social media tools as we launch a series of new products and services.
In turn, we will help you:
- Get your blogs and comment pieces published in consumer, sector and national media outlets
- Connect you to our partners and corporate contacts
- Provide you with a platform to speak out about the issues that effect you
- Give you opportunities to create content for our services and advise on developments of YouthNet’s products
- Increase your social media influence
- Build your knowledge around youth issues and digital
- Produce a written reference for you on completion of 6 months volunteering with us
- Give you interview tips and techniques for job interviews in media and comms
You will help YouthNet:
- Deliver its PR activities around new products and services across online and social media
- Provide insights into young people’s perspectives on topical issues
- Share YouthNet news, your views and perspectives with other young people
- Help YouthNet reach more young people by building peer to peer networks
Minimum 4 hours per month, remotely. You will also be invited to attend one training session in London. Each month we will set you two tasks related to our PR and media activities.
YouthNet also works closely with BBC R1’s Sunday Surgery so we’ll also look to provide opportunities for you to get involved in projects we work on with them, as well as put you forward as audience members for their live broadcasts.
YouthNet is an exclusively online charity for 16 to 25 year-olds. We support young people with information, advice and guidance through our online guide to life, TheSite. TheSite provides essential, straight-talking, anonymous advice to young people about the issues affecting their lives through a series of articles, blogs, podcasts and videos covering anything and everything that they need. We also help connect young people via a thriving online community of over 40,000 registered users, who provide vital support to one another in a trusted, anonymous space.
Volunteer manager – Katy Miller email@example.com
- Application email
- Induction at YouthNet
All reasonable travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed in full with an agreed food budget when taking part in communications activities.